Welcome to the Birkett House School Outreach Service.
Outreach is a service the school offers to mainstream provision to advise best practice for students with additional needs in their setting. The Outreach Service is here to support the progress, care and educational achievement of children with special educational needs, so that they may have the opportunity to succeed in different settings. We also aim to support and advise staff members that they may feel confident in their provision for the child. We can give advice on teaching strategies and activities to support an individual or a group of individuals with similar needs, as well as recommend specific interventions for different areas of need.
A referral can be made using the form below or by emailing email@example.com
- The first step is to organise an initial visit where the student will have an observation in the classroom and an opportunity to discuss needs with a staff member familiar with the child/children.
- A report with the findings will then be provided which will include three or four objectives for the school/student to work on. Support may include signposting further information or resources, enabling staff members to observe and try our different teaching techniques, and advice on how to manage the education of pupils with specific conditions and syndromes.
- Within two months of the visit, an evaluation phone call should take place to see how the student is progressing and review the targets set.
- A follow-up visit will be arranged after the evaluation phone call if that is required.
- Ongoing support can be provided if necessary through emails and additional visits.
As part of our extended offer, we can all support colleagues with more specialist training listed below.