Contact email: email@example.com
The Outreach Programme is here to support and advise staff working in mainstream schools with students with Special Educational Needs. We can give ideas on teaching strategies, styles and activities as well as help to write Individual Behaviour Plans. We can also support with small steps assessment and can provide documents to work with.
A referral can be requested using the form available to download or by emailing myself.
· The first step is to organise an initial visit where the student will have an observation in the classroom.
· A report with the findings will then be provided which will include three or four objectives for the school/student to work on.
· Within two months of the visit an Evaluation phone call should take place to see how the student is progressing and review the targets set.
· A Follow up visit will be arranged after the evaluation phone call if this is required.
· On-going support can be provided if necessary through emails and additional visits.
Additional services provided:
We can offer time spent at Birkett House for staff to come and observe our practice to share ideas and observe different teaching styles.
We can provide training in Makaton and Moving and Handling either here at Birkett House or a venue of your choice.
Makaton – either a taster course or the accredited Foundation or Beginners courses – costs and availability can be accessed through the office email or via my email.
Moving and Handling training can be tailored to your specific needs so please contact myself or the office for more information.
Learning Together Days
This is a great opportunity to develop links between two schools as well as develop the social and communication skills of students. A group of students from Birkett House School work with students from a mainstream school on an agreed topic over the course of two afternoons/mornings – one held at each school. The students not o nly develop skills in the topic for example gardening/music but also build relationships with new friends.