Birkett House School
The school colour is royal blue
· Pale blue or white polo shirt
· Royal blue fleece
· Royal blue or blue sweatshirt or cardigan
· Black or grey trousers, skirt or joggers
Uniform can be purchased online by visiting www.yourschooluniform.com
Alternatively, appropriate garments in the school colours can be purchased from local stores.
Please ensure that ALL uniform is clearly marked with your son/daughters name.
Thythorn Field Primary School
We ask that pupils on role at Birkett House who are based at Thythorn Primary School adopt the same uniform as their mainstream peers. This is inline with the wishes of the parents, and the Governors of this school that do expect all children to wear school uniform. Their distinctive blue and gold sweatshirts attract a great deal of praise and can be bought from school, together with polo shirts, fleeces and sportswear. Other items are widely available from large stores.
Grey trousers or shorts (no sports shorts), white shirt or polo shirt, plain royal blue jumper, specialist school sweatshirt or fleece
Grey, black or navy skirt or pinafore dress, white blouse or polo shirt, plain royal blue jumper or cardigan, specialist school sweatshirt or fleece, grey or navy tights or white socks. Gingham dress for the warmer weather (optional).
All children will need a change of shoes for indoor use as our class areas are carpeted.
Please ensure that ALL uniform is clearly marked.
Thomas Estley Community College
We ask that pupils on role at Birkett House who are based at The Centre at Thomas Estley Community College adopt the same uniform as their mainstream peers – see link below.
The Birkett House Centre Uniform is as follows:
Charcoal grey bottoms, preferably with a straight leg, not gathered at the ankle
· White polo shirt or cotton shirt
· Thomas Estley jumper or cardigan
· Black leather or fake leather shoes or smart black trainers with Velcro if laces are difficult or need to go over splints
· If boots are worn they must look like shoes when worn under trousers, boots cannot be worn with skirts
· Optional Thomas Estley clip on tie
· Optional Thomas Estley blazer
Seniors based at Countesthorpe Community College
KS4 school uniform:
· Plain white shirt or polo shirt with collar (no logos) long or short sleeved
· Plain V neck black jumper or sweatshirt
· Plain black smart trousers. No black jeans or jeggings. Leggings will be permitted to be worn under skirts
· If pull up trousers enables greater independence for your song/daughter then open cuff jogging bottoms would be suitable
· Plain black skirt. Skirts must be of a reasonable length (no more than 2” above the knee.
· Plain black leggings may be worn underneath for practical reasons
· Black or grey socks.
· Black, grey or natural tights
· Plain black shoes or boots with no logos or flashes on them
· Although there is no uniform for post 16 students we would aspire that students are encouraged to wear appropriate clothing.
· Please ring the office at Seniors (0116 2477711) if you are unsure about this and need any further information or clarification
For PE we ask the following:
· Plain T shirt (no logos)
· Plain jogging bottoms